Interesting fact about a woman's breasts. Picture: AFP
They are soft, warm, beautiful, bouncy, sensitive, sexy, curvy, but apart from these are you aware of any other interesting fact about a woman's breasts?
Breasts are probably the most beautiful part of a woman's body. They can easily be counted among one of the first things men notice in women. Women are always conscious about their breasts; however, with all due respect, they know very little about them. Apart from arousing sexual desire, breasts also symbolise beauty, femininity.
We put together some lesser-known facts about breasts which every woman, or man for that matter, must know.
1. The left breast is usually bigger: It's little hard to notice but the left breast is always bigger than the right one. They are never exactly the same size. Nipples also come in varying sizes, and they also point in different directions.
2. Every woman has hair on areola: It's a big turn-off for men but it's a fact. Each woman has between 2-15 dark, straight strands growing. The darker your skin and hair, the darker the nipple hair. Breasts can also get blackheads and pimples. So, always take special care of your breasts.
3. Average breast weighs 0.5 kilogram: The average breast weighs about 0.5 kilograms. Each breast contributes to about 4-5 per cent of the body fat and thus 1 per cent of the total body weight of an average woman. Breasts get fatter as women grow older. Also remember that smokers will have saggier breasts than non-smokers.
4. Over 2 million women have fake breasts: From Pamela Anderson to Katie Price more than 2 million women have breast implants. The figure shows how much women think about their breasts. Not every woman who went under the knife is always pleased with the results. The average age of a woman who gets implants is 34.
5. Breasts get bigger when aroused: Breasts become taut when aroused.
6. Breasts don't like bouncing around: Jogging, walking and aerobics can cause your breasts to bounce around. Always wear a proper bra to minimize the bounce, so that you can also reduce your breast pain. Remember, the main function of bras is to protect the health of your breasts.
7. Breasts can go out of shape: It sounds strange but sleeping facedown can sometimes misshape your breasts. Always take care of your sleeping position so that you maintain the firmness and shape of your breasts. The best sleeping position is to sleep on your side, with a pillow under them for support as you sleep.
This article is from the Times of India website