FINISH AND KLAAR: Former ANCYL leader Julius Malema says he’s ‘nothing’ now. Picture: Herbert Matimba
Expelled ANCYL president Julius Malema whose lavish properties have been listed to go under the hammer to recoup unpaid taxes says it over with him and see no reasons to talk on the issue.
Speaking telephonically to The New Ages on Monday, without hesitation Malema politely said he was no longer an important personality to newspapers.
“Look, I no longer do those things. What do newspapers want from me? The media is talking about me but I am keeping quiet,” he said.
“That thing that talked to the media has been taken away from me. I am nothing now, it’s is over with me.
“And from now onwards I shall never talk to you,” he continued in a polite manner before he bade goodbye.
SARS obtained a judgment in the North Gauteng High Court last year to attach Malema’s possession including luxury cars, furniture, fridges, DVD players and other items to be auctioned to recoup over R15m he owed in taxes.
ANCYL spokesperson in Limpopo Klaas Mabunda said the league would not support the former leader in his financial anguish. “We respect the outcome of the Mangaung conference and recently the NWC members were here and we recommited ourselves to building the organisation.
“However we have no control as the league if some of us go to support him as individuals or at personal level,” Mabunda said.
Malema’s properties are believed to be going under the hammer at Ladana in Polokwane on February 22 but The New Age could not confirm this date with the sheriff in Polokwane.
Meanwhile, Malema will appear in the Polokwane Circuit Court on April 23 with four business partners to face charges of money laundering and racketeering.
This follows, among others, the awarding of a R52m contract to the On-Point Engineering company by the provincial department of roads and transport.