The newly elected Free State ANC Provincial Secretary William Bulwane said he only learned of former deputy chairperson Thabo Manyoni’s apology through the media.
Bulwane said he only found out, because of the question he received from the media that Manyoni was not attending the conference.
“As the provincial secretary, all apologies were sent to him as per the rules of running the ANC processes.
“I must confess, as the former provincial secretary of the previous PEC, I only received the apology of comrade Thabo Manyoni through media when I was asked about his whereabouts.”
The former deputy Provincial chairperson boycotted the weekend’s elective conference. It is reported that Manyoni also rejected a nomination to contest the party’s chairmanship position.
The provincial Chairperson Ace Magashule, told delegates on Sunday while delivering his political report that Manyoni knew that the conference was taking place on Weekend, adding that he was also part of the meeting that sat on Monday (Last week) that took a decision to hold the elective conference.
The conference was supposed to be held last week, but it was delayed due to the Bloemfontein High Court ruling which had ordered the party not to proceed with the conference until the re-run of 29 branch general meetings.
Meanwhile, the conference proceeded as planned and went on to re-elected Magashule as party’s provincial leader.
Former regional Chairperson of Motheo, Paseka Nompondo was elected as deputy Chairperson replacing Manyoni, William Bulwane re-elected as secretary, Mamiki Qabathe as his deputy, while Mosebenzi Zwane is treasurer general.