Select Page

‘Satanists’ suspended

Ten pupils have been suspended from Lukhanyo Secondary School in Mohlakeng near Randfontein for alleged involvement in satanic activities.

Keamogetswe Sefularo, 14, was allegedly stabbed to death by a fellow pupil in what is believed to be a satanic ritual involving multiple stabbings and it is alleged that blood was sucked from her neck and heart. Sefularo was still alive when she was discovered in a pool of blood and she told her mother what had happened while being transported by ambulance to Leratong Hospital where she later died.

Gauteng department of education spokesperson Charles Phahlane confirmed that 10 pupils had been suspended from the school.

“The department took a decision to suspend 10 pupils on Tuesday with regard to allegations of involvement in harmful religious practices. A pupil was suspended after appearing in court on serious charges related to the death of Sefularo,” he said.

The 15-year-old girl suspect, who allegedly stabbed Sefularo to death, appeared in the Randfontein Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday and is in a place of safety.

Randfontein police spokesperson Capt Appel Ernst said the suspect was facing a murder charge. “Her case was postponed for further investigation and assessment. She will appear on court again next Tuesday. Bail was not granted and the suspect is in custody at a place of safety,” he said.

Meanwhile, the South African Council of Churches (SACC) will be sending a group of clerics to the area soon. SACC chairperson Mautji Pataki said they would be going to give spiritual support.

“We are gravely concerned that evil spirits are driving innocent children to commit horrendous crimes. Plans are afoot to visit the Sefularo family to offer support too,” he said.